Steptoe & Johnson's Creditor's Rights Group attorneys have vast experience in rendering advice and in structuring transactions in the course of bankruptcy proceedings. The group represents a variety of interests in reorganization matters, including secured lenders, individual creditors, and debtors.
Steptoe & Johnson insolvency attorneys have experience in dealing with the rights of lien holders in bankruptcy cases, executory contracts, and the purchase of assets at bankruptcy sales and from insolvent sellers.
Firm clients include companies in manufacturing, health, technology, construction, e-commerce, real estate, and banking. Steptoe & Johnson is committed to knowing the client's business, recognizing the client's objectives, and achieving those objectives.
- Nationwide experience representing creditors ranging in size from local banks to national corporations throughout Delaware, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Creditor representation in commercial foreclosure and forbearance
- Litigated legal and equitable claims of overriding royalty interest holder against debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Assisted financial institutions and other creditors to ensure proper implementation of procedures to comply with the Dodd-Frank Regulatory Reform Act
- Experience negotiating loan forbearance and modification on behalf of lenders to ensure proper documentation to maintain priority in security interests
- Assisted clients in exercising rights to repossess personal property that has been held as collateral for commercial load, including advising on self-help remedies and filing lawsuits for collateral collection
- Filed a variety of lawsuits against businesses and commercial guarantors for loan default
- Experience foreclosing on numerous real property interests that were collateral for commercial loans
- Provided creditor representation in bankruptcy from proof of claim filings to motions to lift the stay of defense against preference actions
- Assisted creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan analysis and negotiations with debtors