Steptoe & Johnson’s Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) Team attorneys work closely with clients to provide supportive and innovative case assessments and litigation strategies based on their specific needs and objectives. Our skilled attorneys assist employers of all types in managing the financial and legal risks regarding claims covered by EPLI policies.
With more than 640 collective years of experience, our EPLI Team attorneys are prepared to assist business clients throughout the nation. Our vast experience and broad geographical scope allow our attorneys to fully understand factors that impact employers and potential difficult employment litigation.
- Represented companies and insurers in employment litigation, including age, race, gender, and disability claims
- Counseled employers concerning the protection of trade secrets and intellectual property, as well as on methods for preventing unfair competition from employees and former employees; drafted and litigated the enforceability of employee non-competition agreements
- Defended employers and individuals in more than 100 sexual harassment cases
- Tried numerous jury cases to verdict in state and federal courts
- Appeared before all state and federal agencies regulating the workplace
- Provided counseling to small and large employers on the "do's" and "don'ts" of the workplace
- Defended state university against allegations that an employee termination violated the West Virginia Human Rights Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Represented companies in employment litigation, including age, race, gender, disability and wage payment claims
- Sought summary judgment for a large truck-stop chain in federal district court in which the plaintiff claimed fraud in the inducement