In today's changing economic climate and increased wealth generated by the development of gas and shale plays, a highly personalized estate planning solution is necessary to protect your estate for future generations.
Whether your primary focus is on estate tax minimization, planning for incapacity or long-term care, or fulfilling the duties of a successor trustee, our experienced and focused peer review rated attorneys can provide the assistance you need.
- Represent business owners in disputes and litigation related to governance, dissociation and receivership, and represent trustees and beneficiaries related to trust administration matters
- Guided personal representatives through the process of the administration of an estate
- Represented multi-million dollar trust in defending the trustee against claims by beneficiaries of breach of fiduciary duties and excessive compensation
- Estate planning for individuals and families, including advising and preparation of wills, trusts, prenuptial agreements, financial and healthcare powers of attorney, living wills, gift annuities, charitable remainder annuity trusts and unitrusts, and special needs trusts
- Probate litigation representing individuals, banks, and trust companies involving will and trust construction, reformation of trusts, removal and appointment of successor trustees, and other probate issues
- Represented executor/beneficiary in defending against a breach of fiduciary duty and will contest action
- Represented client in structuring a part sale, part conservation easement gift to a government agency administered by both federal and West Virginia governments
- Represented numerous clients on estate administration, elective share, and other probate matters in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio