Steptoe & Johnson’s Labor and Employment attorneys represent a broad spectrum of employers in all aspects of labor, employment, employee benefits, and occupational injury law. They help clients address management issues and adversarial matters, in industries such as energy, manufacturing, education, health care, construction, and natural resources.
Steptoe & Johnson’s Labor and Employment Team is recognized as one of the largest labor and employment law practices in the nation within a multiservice firm. Team members understand the impact labor and employment issues can have on a business. With comprehensive experience in every facet of employment law, the Labor and Employment Team provides innovative solutions to deliver exceptional results that help clients preserve their reputations and maintain their status as business leaders.
- Alpha Natural Resources
- American Electric Power
- Antero Resources Corporation
- Armstrong Wood Products, Inc.
- CONSOL Energy Inc.
- CNX Gas Corporation
- Dominion Energy
- United Hospital Center
- Counseled public and private employers concerning a variety of state and federal employment laws, including the ADA, FMLA, FLSA, OWBPA, NLRA, Title VII, and the human/civil rights acts of various states
- Represented employer before the EEOC and various human/civil rights commissions
- Represented employers in more than 100 jury trials on all matter of employment related claims
- Negotiated severance packages for employees from the top to bottom of organizations
- Advised employers in the coal, gas transmission, manufacturing, retail, tourism, hospital/health care, and banking industries on difficult personnel issues
- Managed substantial documentation in complex litigation for multiple clients
- Defended employers in unfair labor practice charge litigation before the NLRB
- Represented clients in appeals before state appellate courts and the United States Courts of Appeals
- Defended clients before regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EEOC, OFCCP, and the DOL